Sunday, June 8, 2008

worship me

Althoug
h this blog is mainly for my own sanity and to get the crazy thoughts outta my head so I have room for the normalish ones, it is also because Danielle and Hubby have been telling me WRITE WRITE WRITE!  I am totally out of practice, extremely rusty and very generous with my commas right now but I am doing this in an attempt to get back at it.  If I wrote as much as I read I'd be in good shape.  I pick up these books or click on other blogs and I want to be these people, to be able to say what they say with ease with which it seems to flow.  At 32 years old I am still finding my voice.  It is a different voice than when I almost got suspended from high school for writing erotic poetry and reading it to the school board, it is a different voice than when I wrote short stories for Terry Davis' Creative Writing class in college, its a different voice than my articles in Static Magazine that caused more than a few arguments between my mother and I ("really Jordan, the whole world doesn't need to know you wanna fuck Tony Soprano. I mean Jesus Christ some things are private!")  The purpose of my writing isn't to be famous or rich, it isn't for people to pat me on the back as I walk down the street or make shrines to me on my front porch; the purpose, I think, is to make people see.  To make people see that I am far more crazy than I appear and far less serious than I let on.  So I invite you to come here while you're hiding from work, stealing time for you lunch, taking a time-out from the kids or unwinding from the day with a beer and a smoke (god bless you!) and allow me to hurtle my cacrazy notions and random thoughts at you.  All I ask from you in return is a comment here and there, to me or to other people that are reading, to let me know I'm not alone (and that Danielle and Hubby aren't the only ones reading.)

1 comment:

Extremely Adequate said...

I like the blog. I don't think I ever heard about the erotic poetry when we were in school, not sure how I missed that.

-Lori